W-2: How do I change Social Security and Medicare Wages?

How do I change the Social Security and Medicare wages on the W-2?

The W-2 is designed to be a heads down “key it as you see it” entry form.  Simply select the entry box and change the data.  When you exit the field, the applicable Social Security Tax or Medicare Tax will recalculate.


Note:  The medicare wages will round to the nearest $ value

Print Article