Where to Report amounts from 1099-DIV, Box 11?

A common question we are beginning to see in the Support Squad is where to report amounts found in box 11 of a 1099-DIV for Specified Private Activity Bond Interest. To report this particular 1099-DIV amount, go into the “Other Taxes” menu of the Federal Section and access the Alternative Minimum Tax menu. There will be a line labeled “Interest from Specified Private Activity Bonds exempt from regular tax”. This is where that income type is reported. For additional information, please refer to this helpful Knowledgebase article by clicking¬†here.

Print Article