- The required language prints on the form. This is not something you enter. You need to enter what you are disclosing and/or using the information for (same as in prior years) and who you are disclosing the information to (same as in prior years)
- Currently the Consents are only printing in the One Federal and One State print set in the selection list on the E-file submission page. You can generate the PDF and print these specific pages for the taxpayer’s copy. We have an open issue ticket to resolve this so they can be added and printed with other print sets.
Navigate to Configuration and click Select on Consent Forms.
Any assigned Consents will be displayed in the Assigned Consent Forms section. These cannot be edited or reassigned.
Creating a New Consent:
- Click Add
- Enter the Consent Form Name. This is the title that will print at the top of the form
- Enter a Description: This is internal to the site in the event that more than 1 Consent is being used
- Display Disclosure Limits: If selected allows the preparer to enter any data the taxpayer does not want disclosed. The tax application does not track this information for reporting purposes
- Required for E-file: If this is selected, the taxpayer must accept the terms in order for an e-file to be created. This is used for the Relational Consents for reporting.
- Term: Enter 1 Year, 2 Years or 3 Years (most of the time this is 1 Year)
- Definition: You are most likely going to enter two definitions, The first definition is going to be who you are disclosing the information to. The 2nd Definition would be used to define the Purpose
- Click Save when you have completed the Consent.
Below is an example of a Consent to Disclose setup in Configuration
Note: Selecting the checkmark in the circle saves the Terms and Definitions. You must do this prior to selecting the SAVE button
The Consent will be displayed to the Preparer on the E-file page in the E-file section
Below is an example of the Consent expanded in the e-file Section
Blog Posted 01/08/2017 9:36 AM EST