The school district information has to go on a separate State line when you enter it on the W-2. Below is an example of how the information should be entered if there is School District information on the W-2.
(1) Add the state, enter the State EIN, Boxes 16 and 17. If you have additional local information (not school district) you can enter it in boxes 18, 19, and 20
If school district items are listed on the W-2: Add a 2nd state row for Ohio, enter the State EIN, Enter the school district information in boxes 18, 19 and 20.
If you return was rejected for OHCOM-12, you will need to do the following:
Steps to submitting these rejected returns:
(1) Open the Return
(2) Make the corrections as noted above
(2.5) Select the E-file Section
(3) Click through the pages (they have already been completed the first time a transmission was attempted).
(4) Select to Send the State Only if the federal return has already been accepted.
(5) Click OK on the warning box that the federal return will not be filed
(6) When you get to the Submission page you have 2 options
Option 1 (Recommended) If the preparer/user conducting this task has the ability to Send to IRS Enabled in their Security Template, you can click
You will then get a confirmation page that the return was transmitted. click Main Menu to return to the Welcome Page
Option 2: The preparer can open each return and go through the same process as above, when they get to the Submission page in e-file, we recommend that you select the option of Ready for Retransmit
Then select Save and Exit Return. Once you have completed this for each return, you can send multiple returns from Transmissions.
Click Select on Transmissions
Reminder: Only the returns with the status of Complete or Complete(Flagged for Retransmissions)
Click Add Returns
Select the return(s) with the status of Transmitted (Flagged for Retransmit) and click Add Returns. the return(s) will be removed from the window. Click the X in the upper right hand corner.
This adds the return(s) to the normal transmission list. Proceed as normal by selecting the Transmit to the IRS button.
Blog Posted 01/26/2017 8:15 AM EST