This was posted related to the interruption of service with real-time calculations we had on Saturday, January 28, 2017
Background: On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM EST, TaxSlayer experienced an interruption in service. This issue prevented the software from performing real-time tax calculations. However; sites still had the ability to input the taxpayers return information in the software without turning taxpayers away. As a result of this issue:
- The application was not displaying the refund/balance due as users were entering data in the return
- Users were unable to print
This issue was addressed and resolved by the TaxSlayer development team and the tax calculations were again performing properly at approximately 1:00 PM EST .
How do I know if the calculations are not available and not rendering data?
- When you open a return or navigate to Summary/Print and the return continuously displays calculating
What does calculations not available and not rendering data mean?
- The application is not displaying the refund/balance due as you are entering data in the return in real time.
What can I do when the calculations are not available and not rendering data?
- If you are on the Summary/Print page when opening the return, select the menu icon in the upper left corner and select Basic Information
- This will allow you to continue entering data
- You can continue creating new returns. You can enter the data that the taxpayer has brought you. You will not be seeing the refund/balance due change across the top bar while you are doing this.
Will the return calculate based on the information entered when the calculations are available?
- Yes. Opening the return will kick off the calculations and the return will render updated calculations.
Can I print the return when the calculations are not Available?
- No because the return kicks off a calculation each time you print it.
- Once the calculations are available, you will be able to print the return
What items are not available to me when the calculations are not available?
- Completing the e-file section of the return
- Printing the return
The application is designed to allow you to continue preparing returns and working in your site doing administrative type functions.
Blog Posted 01/28/2017 3:18 PM EST