The following Security Template is an example of how to use the built-in review process to mark returns ready for review and either approved or failed in a site that uses a peer review process.
How would I use this Template?
The following is meant to be an example of how this template could be used at the preparer level:
(1) Preparer ABC creates and completes the return
(2) Preparer ABC marks the return ready for Review and then Selects Save and Exit Return
(3) This changes the status to Review Pending. Preparer ABC turns the return over to Preparer XYZ
(4) Preparer XYZ opens the return and conducts their review based on the procedures established by the site. When they are through and the return is ready for the next step, they mark the return Approved and Complete
(5) The status is now complete and ready to submit to the Processing Center
Blog Posted 01/20/2017 1:32 PM EST